Sunday 15 May 2011

Some new dresses

This week I managed to finish four dresses. From the very beginning of this season I've felt a craving for light flowy summer dresses and everything pretty in the stores have just made it worse. Even though it's been two years since I last tried on pieces in woven fabric in "normal stores" I still long for them. All of these dresses have each some adjustable feature. The first one is a true wrap dress and the rest have fake-smock in the back to add some flexability. I still grow an inch or more when it comes to my bust, so this feature will hopefully enable me to wear these dresses more than just one summer.

This dress was the first project of the week. A lovely wrap inspired by Pepperberrys similar one. Having the bust darts off grain really helps with the fit, and the ribbons add another possibly to show of some more waist.
I later continued with the same fabric. Ever since my mum found a gorgeous maxidress (worn with a belt) I've wanted something similar. This was my first try and I really do like it. It does also work better with my body than I anticipated. As long as you make sure it's fitted where you're the smallest it seems to look good.
This is maxi dress number two. A bit more flattering for my figure, especially with the large leather belt added. The cup parts have been constructed to work well with Freyas Deco, the number one bra for some cleavage.
This one is almost the same as the one above, apart from the length. With the pattern and the colours of the fabric a maxi would just have been way too much. However, it is easy to see that my waist is a bit lost without a belt in a noticable colour.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabrics and patterns you chose. The first dress is my favorite!
    And it's amazing that you finished FOUR dresses in one week.

    ReplyDelete

Google+